The ABR Market Brief is designed to offer an overview of the Atlanta residential market by providing a synopsis of sales, home prices and foreclosures. Covers 11 counties: Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, and Paulding.
- Single family residential sales in Metro Atlanta totaled 2,459 in January 2013.
- Annually, this is a decrease of 10.2% compared to 2,715 total sales in January 2012.
- Monthly, this is a decrease of 11.6% compared to 3,263 total sales in December 2012.
- The Median sales price for January 2013 was $153,225.
- Annually, this is an increase of 42.9% from the median sales price of $105,000 in January 2012.
- Monthly, median prices decreased 9.0% in comparison to December 2012.
- Bank-owned sales in January 2013 were 29% of total sales, up slightly from 24% and down from 52% of total sales in January 2012.
(November, December, January)
(2011, 2012, 2013)
Download the Press Release
For more information on details of this month's report, please contact the Board at 404.250.0051.
*Each month, the numbers reported for the previous month are updated to reflect additional recordings.