The ABR Market Brief is designed to offer an overview of the Atlanta residential market by providing a synopsis of sales, home prices and foreclosures. Covers 11 counties: Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, and Paulding.
- Single family residential sales in Metro Atlanta totaled 3,093 in December 2012.
- Annually, this is a decrease of 11.6% compared to 3,498 total sales in December 2011.
- Monthly, this is a decrease of 6.9% compared to 3,324 total sales in November 2012.
- The Median sales price for December 2012 was $165,000.
- Annually, this is an increase of 38.7% from the median sales price of $119,000 in December 2011.
- Monthly, median prices increased 9.3% in comparison to November 2012.
- Bank-owned sales in December 2012 were 26% of total sales, down from 27% in November, and down from 47% of total sales in December 2011.
(October, November, December)
(2010, 2011, 2012)
Download the Press Release
For more information on details of this month's report, please contact the Board at 404.250.0051.
*Each month, the numbers reported for the previous month are updated to reflect additional recordings.