On March 21, 2007, the Board of Directors of the Atlanta Board of REALTORS® adopted the following guidelines in regard to the placement and usage of real estate signs in the City of Sandy Springs. These guidelines exceed the standards set forth under the current code of ordinances by the City and are being presented as voluntary guidelines for the real estate community to follow. By you and your firm adopting and following these guidelines, we hope to avoid an overly restrictive ordinance from being adopted by the City Council in the future. Your compliance is greatly appreciated.
If you have any questions about these guidelines, please contact Robert Broome, ABR Governmental Affairs Director at Robert@abr.org or 404.732.0631. We would like to thank the volunteer members of the Governmental Affairs & Political Fundraising Committee for all of their hard work researching and drafting these guidelines.
- REALTORS® will place signs on private property with permissions of property owners, maintaining a setback of 10 feet from all public property and right of way.
- REALTORS® will post weekend “open house” and directional signs on Friday at noon and will remove same on or before Monday at 9:00 a.m.
- Weekday open house and directional signs will be posted on Tuesdays, and removed by the end of the day for the purposes of advertising “caravan” or “open house” activities as part of regular professional business traditionally conducted on Tuesdays.
- Signage will be limited to the current size limitations signs: a maximum of 4 square feet, with a maximum height of 3 feet.
- Information required on all real estate signage will include the name of the responsible REALTOR® company represented.
- No balloons shall be affixed to real estate signs.
NOTE: Nothing in these guidelines should be construed to override, weaken, or otherwise conflict with the signage requirements set forth in the Rules of the Georgia Real Estate Commission.