Are you active in local politics?
Do you know a local elected official in metro Atlanta?
Are you interested in leveraging your relationships to benefit your industry and career?
You can help take ABR’s grassroots political efforts to the next level.
The Atlanta Board of REALTORS® Political Partners Program is designed to inform and mobilize key members of ABR who share a personal relationship with local lawmakers in the Metro Atlanta area. These volunteers play a crucial role in the success of ABR’s Governmental Affairs grassroots program. ABR Political Partners serve as the primary spokespersons for ABR’s public policy priorities.
Our goal is to appoint one Political Partner for each local official, and each Political Partner is encouraged to organize a Contact Team of additional REALTORS® to assist in this program.
The Political Partners Subcommittee, a standing subcommittee of the ABR Governmental Affairs and Political Fundraising Committee, conducts oversight of the program.
Political Partner Standards of Performance
Political Partners are expected to:
- Respond to ABR, GAR, and NAR Calls for Action
- Meet with their elected official as needed
- Provide regular updates to ABR Governmental Affairs staff regarding contact with their elected official
- Assist in the presentation of RPAC disbursements to their elected official
- Complete a training session facilitated by the ABR Governmental Affairs staff
- Invest annually in the REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC)
How do I become a Political Partner?
Download and complete an application and fax it to 404-732-0632, attn: Political Partners Program. Your application will be reviewed by the Political Partners Subcommittee.
If you have questions, please contact ABR Governmental Affairs Director Robert Broome at 404-732-0631 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.